St Andrew

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Walked down to McD's on South Grand for breakfast.
  • Planned tasks for the day.
  • Attended a conference call for the diocesan trustees and our new investment advisor, which lasted just over an hour.
  • Met with the Archdeacon for our annual review conversation re his role as a member of diocesan staff. This evolved into a long talk covering a wide range of issues.
  • Got started on refining and editing my homily for this Sunday (St Paul's, Carlinville.
  • Broke away to attend Mass for the feast day in the cathedral chapel.
  • Lunch from McD's, eaten in my office.
  • Conferred briefly with Paige, for the purpose of getting her registered as a member of Episcopal Communicators.
  • Ran an errand up to a downtown locksmith to get some extra office keys made. I'm now confident that I have insulated myself from the danger of being locked out of the building.
  • Kept a scheduled 2pm appointment with an individual who is ordained in another denomination but wishes to exercise ordained ministry in the Episcopal Church.
  • Attended to some administrative issues pertaining to the task of transferring some funds to our companion diocese of Peru,
  • Took a brisk walk in a northwesterly direction, achieving what I was lacking toward my 10,000 step goal.
  • Finished the sermon prep task I had begun earlier. The printed script is now safely in my car.
  • Spent some time at the cathedral organ playing through hymns. This is a form of spiritual practice for me ... a rather important one.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)