Christmas

After feting our eldest daughter over breakfast for her birthday, Brenda and I left our Chicago apartment midday yesterday and headed south to Springfield. I preached at the 5:30 Christmas Eve liturgy at the cathedral, and both presided and preached at the 11pm Mass. Between services, Brenda and I grabbed dinner at Cooper's Hawk. Both liturgies were lovely, and well-attended (noticeably up from recent years, and I've heard similar reports from around the diocese and beyond). We "camped out" in our former home, the house we still own but is vacant, which is still for sale or rent, whichever comes first. It was a little surreal to have an air bed be the only furniture in the place,, but it worked.  This morning we were up and back out by around 0900 and drove back to Chicago, arriving at 1245. We fixed dinner with our daughter, and generally had a low-key day. Tomorrow afternoon, more family arrive, so that is probably where I will be focusing until the weekend. I'll probably be dark in this venue until then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)