Saturday

  • Up and out of my office campsite and across the alley to read Morning Prayer in the cathedral. Then across town to IHOP for breakfast.
  • By the time I got back, I needed to start devoting my attention to final preparations for the Chrism Mass (printing out the readings, last-minute decisions on seating, recruiting lectors, and other odds and ends).
  • Presided at the clergy renewal of vows, the Eucharist, the blessing of oils, and the Sacrament of Unction.
  • Met privately with e cleric for a pastoral check-in.
  • Joined a group for lunch at Boone's, a nearby eatery and watering hole.
  • By the time I got back to the office, it was nearly 2:30 and I was suddenly aware of being dog-tired. All the interaction with people was a great blessing, but, for an introvert, such blessing comes with a price. I settled in with a Netflix movie on my laptop and interrupted it at one point for a nap.
  • Eventually made it out to Chick-Fil-A for a bit of dinner (I'm very fond of their diet lemonade), then got about 4000 steps in circumambulating the White Oaks Mall parking lot.
  • Prayed the evening office, on the late side, in the cathedral.
  • Attended to a couple of low-mental-demand administrative tasks, and then cashed it in for the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)