Friday

  • Up and out and across the alley to the cathedral for intercessions and Morning Prayer at 0735. Then breakfast at Hardee's.
  • Long wide-ranging catchup conversation with the Archdeacon, consuming most of the morning.
  • Made hotel reservations, belatedly, for the House of Bishops meeting in Minneapolis next month. Somehow, the original email didn't find its way into my inbox when it was sent.
  • Stepped out at 11:30 for an early lunch at Chick-Fil-A, ahead of a 12:15 appointment at the blood bank. Unfortunately, my hemoglobin was a bit on the low side, so they didn't allow me to donate. Not quite sure what went wrong.
  • Back at the office, then, I had a bit of a wrestling match with Microsoft Excel, which I need to use for a little project I'm working on. When you don't use something very often ...
  • Between 2:00 and 4:00, I was tutoring an individual in the ordination process who already has a great deal of theological education. The one area where he needs some filling out is in applied pastoral liturgy, and I figure me may just as well learn to do it right from the get-go, so I'm teaching him myself!
  • More conversation with the Archdeacon.
  • As a prayer practice, sat down at the cathedral organ and contemplatively played through some hymns from the Hymnal 1940. Then prayed the evening office.
  • Dinner at the Pasta Company, then a small bit of personal shopping.
  • Walked for the better part of an hour, getting me to and over my 10,000 step goal.
  • Did the finish work on this Sunday's homily (tomorrow night in Robinson and Sunday morning in Edwardsville).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)