Tuesday in Easter Week

Even though I never left the apartment, the Triduum still felt like it drained me in something resembling the usual way. Learning to be a video producer is stressful! Anyway, that's why you didn't hear from me on Sunday. Having celebrated the Vigil with Brenda the night before, I too the day pretty much "off" and watched a lot of movies on Amazon Prime. So ... back in the saddle today, so happy to be adding frequent Alleluias to the round of prayers that happens in our domestic oratory. Much of the morning was consumed by an emerging domestic concern, in addition to which I dealt substantively with an also-emerging administrative concern, with emails between myself and three others. After a lunch (picked up from a nearby hamburger/taco fusion place with plastic sheeting between the customers and the counter, and no handling of credit cards by employees, and me wearing a mask) of hamburgers, I got down to creating a rough draft sermon text for Easter III, which has been developed with St Thomas, Salem in mind, though I won't be there to give it, of course. I then spent 30-40 minutes on the phone, continuing to work my way through the diocesan clergy list. Next I opened a sermon file on Easter VII, which may or may not be delivered in the context of the celebration of the Eucharist at St Michael's, O'Fallon on May 24. This far out, I don't think there's any way of predicting what the situation will look like then. I try to live in hope. Evening Prayer with Brenda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)