Thursday

The big chunk of the day was devoted to a deep dive into the portion of St Matthew's gospel appointed to be read at celebrations of the Eucharist on July 5, when I hope to be preaching at St John's, Decatur. The study of scripture is a key part of my ordination vows anyway, plus I very much enjoy it, so it's just a bonus that I can leverage such a think toward the ministry of preaching. This was a rich time. I also reached out by phone to four clergy, just as a pastoral check-in. Took care of  a significant amount of administrative business via email, with an assist from my desktop scanner. Tried to stay on top of the continuing conversation about systemic racism in our society. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)