Wednesday

  • Delivered my mother and two siblings to Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport for their flights home after the big consecration weekend. For a while, we had nine house guests. Now Brenda and I now have the place back to ourselves (and the four-footed creatures).
  • Took a phone call from Fr Swan, beginning to flesh out some of the details of an extended visit to the Hale Deanery in June. 
  • Worked on a sermon for Lent IV, to be delivered April 3 at St Michael's,  O'Fallon.
  • Took a call from a local pastor in another denomination wanting to make a lunch date with me. 
  • As per usual, the Archdeacon and the Diocesan Administrator and I spend most of our day interrupting one another, usually for quite worthwhile reasons.
  • Lunch with my predecessor, Bishop Beckwith, who is still in town following the consecration. His wisdom on several practical matters is greatly appreciated.
  • Finished my perusal of the diocesan constitution and canons. I agree with the suggestion some have made that the Committee on Constitution and Canons needs to be awakened from hibernation.
  • Offered both Morning and Evening Prayer in the cathedral nave, by myself, as has become my custom. 
  • Dinner with Brenda at TGIF, followed by an evening of starting to restore the house to "normal" status.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)