Thursday

  • Read the morning paper (glad the it's more substantive than the daily publication in the small town we came from, and surprised at how seriously people in Springfield take their local politics!). Organized tasks for the day (by which I mean I used my online task management app to decide which items in the queue I would actually try to get done today).
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Took care of some paperwork related to my being a trustee of the Putnam Trust, from which a couple of our congregations receive a significant amount of income each year.
  • Processed a steady stream of emails. (By "processed" I mean that I either responded immediately, flagged an item for later attention, or created a task for a day in the future. My goal is that nothing falls through the cracks. Sometimes I actually meet that goal.)
  • Wrote my first Ad Clerum (bishop's letter to the clergy of the diocese).
  • Set up voice mail on my office phone.
  • Dealt with some administrative issues related to the Bishop's Discretionary Fund.
  • Pastoral check-in by phone with Fr Tournoux at Christ Church, who has been suffering from the flu. Happily, he's now recovered and back in the land of the living.
  • Processed more emails. They just keep arriving.
  • Lunch with the Archdeacon at A Taste of India.
  • Appointed a Diocesan Coordinator for Episcopal Relief & Development.
  • Wrote my regular article for April edition of the Springfield Current, our monthly diocesan newsletter.
  • Took an incoming phone call from a long-time friend and colleague about a matter of mutual concern that has us both just a bit distressed.
  • Arranged to have motel room in the O'Fallon area on the night before my April 3 visit to St Michael's.
  • Downloaded and reviewed  materials for the House of Bishops meeting that begins tomorrow.
  • Communicated by email with members of a special ad hoc committee which I am chairing in connection with my duties as a member of the Board of Trustees of Nashotah House.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Viewed the play Wings, with Brenda, at the Lincoln Museum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)