• Morning Prayer and daily task organization at home.
  • Tried on new rochet and chimere that arrived during my absence.
  • Consulted with the Archdeacon on some personnel and deployment issues. Reviewed a list of items that the Diocesan Administrator had stored up for me to make comments and/or decisions.
  • Signed a form giving my consent for the Diocese of Haiti to elect a Suffragan Bishop.
  • Processed a pile of correspondence that was waiting on my desk. 
  • Read, pondered, and processed the resume of a potential aspirant to Holy Orders.
  • Spoke on the phone at some length with the past Senior Warden of a parish where some serious conflict is brewing.
  • Composed and sent an email to the members of a working group I am convening in connection with my membership on the Nashotah House board of trustees. Spoke on the phone with a Nashotah administrative staff member on the same subject.
  • Studied materials sent to me by the vestry of the parish I am set to visit this Sunday (St Michael's, O'Fallon).
  • Began to lay the groundwork for the liturgy (sometime in May, most likely) in which I will be formally welcomed into the cathedral and seated in the historic cathedra.
  • Prayed the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary and Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
  • After dinner at home, worked on refining my sermon for this Sunday.
  • Oh ... and I fell, completely, for Google's April Fools gag. Fell really hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)