• Planned tasks and processed several emails at home.
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Continued to process written materials about last night's meeting, and debriefed on the matter with the Archdeacon.
  • Planned the order of service for the annual Liturgy of Collegiality (aka Mass of Chrism), which will take place in the cathedral on Tuesday in Holy Week. (This is when the clergy renew their ordination vows and the Bishop consecrates oil used in healing and baptism.) Consulted with the Dean on some of the details.
  • Took a phone call from Bishop Ed Salmon, chair of the Nashotah trustees, regarding the special project I am working on.
  • Lunch with the Archdeacon at a Thai-Vietnamese restaurant. Tasty.
  • Spent more time than I wanted to looking at flight schedules to determine whether I can attend the consecration of the next bishop of Western New York (Buffalo). Finally came to the conclusion that it is not prudent, given my visitation obligation the next morning. Just can't completely trust air travel in small markets when there is no leeway for unanticipated events.
  • Met with Jim Hillestad, who handles property and liability insurance for the diocese. He's also no stranger to my office, as his father was my predecessor twice removed. This was just a meet-and-greet. No substantive discussion.
  • Worked on my sermon for this Sunday (St Luke's, Springfield).
  • Evening Prayer in my office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)