Thursday (St Augustine of Canterbury)

Well ... I have a picture to upload, but the speed and/or bandwidth of my hotel WiFi connection doesn't seem to be up to the task. Nashotah House, my seminary alma mater, held its 2011 commencement ceremonies this morning, and was kind enough to present to the Bishop of Springfield, a 1989 son of the House, the degree of Doctor of Divinity, honoris causa. They dressed me up in a hat and gown that made me look exceedingly academic and important, and that's the picture I was going to upload. Maybe some other time.

After the graduation Mass, the usual lunch under a tent on the refectory lawn was moved indoors due to unseasonably chilly weather. Then it was off to the business of being a trustee for the rest of the afternoon. After Evensong, there was a hospitality hour and dinner for trustees and spouses. Then the spousal unit and I headed to LeDuc's, the frozen custard establishment in nearby Wales, bringing back a raft of memories from seminary days in the mid-to-late 80s.

The emails are beginning to pile up again faster than I can process them. If yours is one of them, please be patient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)