XII Pentecost (Proper 18)


After spending Saturday night at home for the first time in several weeks, I rolled out at 6:45am for Mt Vernon. For a holiday weekend, attendance was great at Trinity Church. I never fail to be astonished by the enthusiasm with which I am received, and today was no exception. One of the parishioners even wrote a poem for the occasion. The three confirmands (seen above with YFNB and Fr Tucker) had an average age of 39 ... but one of them is 94! After Mass and brunch I accompanied the Rector to take Holy Communion to a parishioner who is confined to a nursing home; this sort of thing used to be a routine part of my ministry as a parish priest, but is now unusual, so I was grateful for the opportunity. Back home around 4:30.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)