Saturday (St Remigius)

  • Leisurely morning ... read the paper ... prayed the office ... finished a Hemingway novel I've been reading ... all in my recliner!
  • Conceived and hatched a sermon for my visit to St John's, Decatur on the 16th of this month.
  • Made significant progress on the Clergy Day meditations I will give as part of my All Saints preaching mission at Redeemer, Sarasota (Florida, that is--there may be a Sarasota, IL, I suppose!).
  • Took a nice long walk on a gorgeous fall late afternoon.
  • Read a history of the Forward Movement ... movement. I'm a new board member for Forward Movement (an Episcopal Church-related publisher of tracts and other devotional/discipleship materials), and I'll be attending my first board meeting this coming week.
  • Hey ... I spent the whole day without going anywhere by car. Cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)