Saturday

We wrapped up the business of the 134th synod of the Diocese of Springfield pretty much on schedule, with adjournment around 12:15. I was encouraged by both the tone and substance of the the whole event. There is much daunting labor that lies ahead of us, but we are rather clearer about it now, I think, and that clarity is a necessary step.

Brenda and I had lunch with a friend, then grabbed some down time, as we are remaining in the Metro East area for the night because my visits tomorrow are to Granite City and Glen Carbon. We saw the movie Moneyball, which was probably a providential choice, as it deals with precisely the sort of seismic shift in thinking that I tried to articulate in my address yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)