Wednesday

  • Task planning at home, Morning Prayer in the office.
  • Revised, edited, and refined my sermon for this Sunday, to be delivered at St Thomas', Salem.
  • Took an incoming phone call from Fr Dick Swan, wearing his hat as Education for Ministry coordinator for the diocese.
  • Took an incoming phone call from Fr Rob Nichols, the interim rector at St John's Chapel in Champaign, giving me a routine report on the status of things there.
  • Lunch at home.
  • Scanned and otherwise processed a batch of hard copy items in my inbox.
  • Dashed off a thank-you note to the parish where I was a guest preacher for All Saints (Redeemer, Sarasota, FL).
  • (Went home to work from my recliner at about 3pm, as I was beginning to feel "puny" [as they say in the south]. Hoping that some version of flu is not laying siege to me.)
  • Took care of an important chore related to this weekend's Happening (renewal program to high schoolers), to be held at the cathedral and the diocesan office.
  • Wrote a letter formalizing the heretofore informal appointment of Deacon Joan Coleman to serve at St George's, Belleville.
  • Reserved a rental car for use in a trip next week to Salt Lake City (bishops of "small" dioceses).
  • Entered the tasks related to preparing for my next guest preaching gig--at St Paul's, K Street, Washington, DC on Candlemas (the Feast of of Presentation, February 2).
  • Evening Prayer in my recliner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)