Friday (St Aidan)

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Refined the draft of my homily for this Sunday at Trinity, Lincoln. It's now "in the can."
  • Attended to some Nashotah House business.
  • Lunch at home (leftover Indian food from last night's dinner).
  • Invested a good bit of time reviewing the (electronic) paperwork of some potential candidates for the vacancy at St John the Divine, Champaign. (Their search ended in a declined call, so now it's back to "square two"; we are able to leverage some of the work already done).
  • More phone calls from clergy and lay leaders over various emerging issues.
  • The time came for my periodic self-test on my knowledge of the names of the sixty counties that comprise the geography of the Diocese of Springfield, and their seat communities. I'm up to around 50%, and the vast majority of the ones I did not know are in places where we don't presently have a church.
  • Prayer the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, bearing in my heart and mind several concerns, both in and out of the diocese, that are weighing on me at present.
  • Evening Prayer in the "chaplet" area of my office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)