Thursday

  • Organized my to-do list and processed a bunch of emails at home before breakfast.
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Debriefed with the Archdeacon on sundry matters.
  • Processed more emails (they tend to accumulate unduly while I'm travelling).
  • The eight bishops who face disciplinary proceedings for filing a friend-of-the-court brief in some property litigation in Texas (I am one of them) only yesterday, after nearly six months, received copies of the actual complaints. One of them is 23 pages of legalese. I took some time to give it a careful look and trade some emails with my fellow amici.
  • Stopped by an urgent care clinic to get a splinter removed from the tip of my right forefinger. It's been fully embedded, and driving me increasingly crazier, for more than a week now, so it was time to get it taken care of. As a bonus, I walked out with a fresh tetanus shot, but passed on the offer of a lollipop.
  • Lunch from McDonald's, eaten at home.
  • Ran some errands from the day off I didn't have this week.
  • Produced a working script for this Sunday's sermon, to be delivered at St Paul's, Pekin.
  • Spoke by phone with the Dean of Nashotah House over some important but non-urgent concerns.
  • Evening Prayer in my car (I was already out of the office and found the cathedral being used for something).
  • After dinner at home, back to the cathedral for the regular November chapter meeting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)