Thursday

  • Disruptions to the routine of my life have lately disrupted my exercise routine, so it was good to have my usual Thursday morning workout.
  • Task planning and Morning Prayer at home. Then to Green Hyundai for routine service on the YFNBmobile (Brenda followed me and shuttled me to the office).
  • Debriefed with the Archdeacon on various matters, as is our custom when one or both of us have been out of the office for a while.
  • Made a pastoral care phone call to one of our clergy.
  • Processed some emails.
  • Had Sue take me back to the Hyundai dealer to get my car. I have to go tire shopping now, as one of the tires has a slow leak that cannot be repaired. It was getting to be about time anyway.
  • Scheduled meeting wearing my Nashotah House board chairman hat with an interested  stakeholder (son of a longtime former professor and bishop).
  • Lunch at home.
  • Prepared and printed a working script for this Sunday's homily (St John the Divine, Champaign).
  • Spoke by phone with the rector-elect of St John the Divine, Champaign. (Can't reveal his identity yet for a few more days, as he needs to break the news to his current parish.)
  • Wrote a letter to one of our parishes whose rector has requested something from me regarding the diocesan mission strategy to be used in connection with a Lenten stewardship campaign.
  • Spoke by phone with a representative of the UTO regarding the technical difficulties I have been having trying to submit a grant application.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)