Ascension Day

  • Surgery + four weeks ... the day I am allowed to drive once again and officially return to work, though I am not under any illusion that it can be at the same pace to which I was accustomed prior to my "cardiac incident" on March 25. Easy does it.
  • After arriving in the office around 9am, I discussed several ongoing issues with the Archdeacon, who has stepped in very graciously in some matters that would otherwise have been squarely on my plate. I'm very grateful.
  • Went into the cathedral to pray the morning office for Ascension Day.
  • Took care of some administrative chores pertaining to the impending retirement of a priest.
  • Devoted some prep time to the June 1 clergy day.
  • Prepared some material for the diocesan website.
  • Attended the 12:15 Ascension Day liturgy in the cathedral chapel.
  • Lunch from Mickey D's, eaten at home. (I have a secret appetite, not often indulged, for Chicken McNuggets with hot mustard sauce.)
  • Finished the website task I began before lunch.
  • Conceived and hatched a sermon for the feast of the Visitation of the BVM, when (the eve, actually) I will be at St John's, Decatur making up a visitation I missed early in my convalescence.
  • Spent some initial interaction time with the readings for Proper 7 (June 23 at Redeemer, Cairo).
  • Recognizing that my energy was fading, I pleased just about anybody who might have anything to say on the subject and went home a little after 4. Changed clothes and fell into a pretty hard nap in the recliner. When I regained an adequate level of consciousness about an hour later, I spend 45 minutes on the treadmill before dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)