Update: Surgery + Three Weeks

Recovery progress is very slow but very steady. I'm getting a modest amount of work done every day via internet and phone. I haven't taken any pain medication for nearly 48 hours now, and my "incision awareness" is lower every day. Showering and dressing is no longer the ordeal it was a couple of weeks ago. I'm walking around the neighborhood every day, and gradually expanding my range. Broke the 5000 step barrier on my pedometer for the first time since surgery yesterday, and will do so again today. It still hurts a good bit when I cough, sneeze, or laugh, and there is certainly not yet a "spring" in my step. My heart rate--both resting and active--is also higher than I would like it to be, but I'm told this is quite normal after surgery, and that it will come down in time. I get very light-headed immediately upon standing up, but that, too, is par for the course, and it resolves in a matter of three or four seconds. 

I'm pre-cleared by my cardiologist in Chicago to begin driving again a week from today. It is my intention to preside as scheduled at the institution of Fr Sean Ferrell as rector of St John the Divine, Champaign on the 10th, and to make my visitation to Christ the King, Normal on the 12th. That's the news!

Comments

  1. What does it say about us as a Diocese, that our Bishop had a broken heart?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)