Friday (St Vincent de Paul)

  • Up and at 'em in time to arrive for a 9am worship service (at Morningside United Methodist Church in Normal) marking the beginning of the Annual Assembly of the Illinois Conference of Churches. I was the preacher. It was a "raw and uncut" homiletical feed because I really didn't have any time to prepare, but the Holy Spirit, as always, was faithful.
  • I ducked out of the meeting early because I needed to be in Grand Rapids, Michigan for a dinner engagement with other bishops attending tomorrow's consecration of Whayne Hougland as Bishop of Western Michigan. But I neglected to take into account either the time zone difference or the likelihood of a traffic jam on I-80 either side of the Illinois-Indiana line, so I didn't make it. However, I am safely ensconced in the Prince Conference Center of Calvin College. Tomorrow's liturgical event is on the Calvin campus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)