Friday (St Antony)

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • With the exception of breaks for brief consultations with staff members over sundry issues, I spent the morning--till about 12:30, actually--plotting out my sermon prep from Lent through Pentecost. This involves taking stock of where I'm going to be on any given Sunday, looking back through old sermons written for the same propers to determine whether previously-used material can be repurposed, or whether I need to start from scratch--each of which generates a different set of tasks that have to be assigned to particular dates ... it's complicated, but if I do this about three times a year, it makes everything else much less stressful.
  • Lunch from KFC, eaten at home.
  • Communicated by email with Bishop Chakupewa in Tabora over the possibility of trying again for a UTO grant.
  • Cleanout the downloads folder on my laptop. Would the world have stopped if I didn't do this? Of course not. But it's been on my to-do list for several months, and I've always kicked it down the road, so now it's done. Took most of the afternoon. Have you looked at the size of your downloads folder lately?
  • Dealt with some administrivia related to the Task Force for Reimagining the Episcopal Church (TREC).
  • As part of my Friday prayer discipline, found a nice rendition on YouTube of the classic Wesley hymn, Love divine, all loves excelling, sung to the Welsh tune Blaenwen. It wasn't long, but it was a few moments of the Beatific Vision. The Anglican choral tradition touches my soul in a profound way.
  • Evening Prayer in the (really cold!) cathedral, by the light of my iPad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)