Second Sunday after Christmas

When I make my annual visitation calendar, I try to plug the closer-in churches into months when the weather could potentially be challenging. This morning was an example of why this is a wise thing. After it snowed most of the night, with blowing and drifting out on the highways, it would have been highly problematic to get anywhere out of town. But making it to St Luke's, barely three miles down South Grand Avenue from my house, in time for a 10:30am celebration, was eminently doable. Attendance was down, of course, but we still have what I would guess is around half the normal attendance for that liturgy on a normal weekend. So the feast of the Second Sunday after Christmas was duly kept, including a coffee hour with substantial food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)