Wednesday

  • Spoke by phone while still at home with my colleague, the Vice-Chair of the Nashotah House board of trustees, about an emergent matter that affects the House.
  • In the interest of efficiency, when I got to the office, I first identified and printed out readings for today's Mass, and prepared Prayers of the People.
  • Took a call from another member of the Nashotah board concerning the same matter.
  • Then I went over to the cathedral for Morning Prayer, and set up the chapel for the 12:15 liturgy.
  • Spoke by phone with a third member of the Nashotah board, and left a voice mail with a fourth.
  • Reviewed and tweaked the service program for my visit to St John's, Decatur the Sunday after next.
  • Drafted a wordsmithed a longish email to the full Nashotah board, but did not send it yet.
  • Processed a small batch of emails.
  • Presided and preached at the Mass for ferial Wednesday in the week of Epiphany VI.
  • Lunch from Chitown's Finest (Italian beef), eaten at home.
  • Spent the next 3.5 hours crafting a sermon for this Sunday. I didn't have the luxury of my customary segmented several-week incubation period. I just had to bang it out from start to finish without much finesse. I trust the Holy Spirit to still be faithful, even under such unusual circumstances. 
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Tweaked and sent the email to the Nashotah board that I had drafted earlier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)