Tuesday

I had plans for today, but sometimes plans have to be laid aside. At 8am the call came informing me of the sudden death overnight of Fr Keith Roderick, the Provost of St Paul's Cathedral. Keith was a beloved and esteemed friend and colleague, and I am bowed low with grief. Most of the rest of the day was consumed with processing this news one way or another--informing cathedral staff and lay leaders, informing the diocese, going to see MaryBeth and Susannah and the others gathering in their home. On top of all that, I'm coming down with something, so the shock and grief of Keith's passing combined with a body not running at full strength combined for a real gut punch. I did manage to make a few stabs toward a sermon for Sunday, when I will be at the cathedral to help them through this horrible bump in the road. Grace will abound, I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)