Friday (St Theodore of Tarsus)

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Between me trading some emails and the Archdeacon making a phone call, we seem to have lined up Sunday supply coverage in Alton Parish for October. (Ft Boase doesn't officially retire until the end of October, but he'll be on, as they say in the military, "terminal leave" from the beginning of the month.
  • Processed a couple of marginally important emails that have just been in the chute for too long.
  • Took care of a small bit of Living Church-related business.
  • Finally got to something that has been on my list for several months, but always eclipsed by something more urgent: Cleaning out the various piles of paper and books that have been growing on top of my rather large desk. I hope I may be more disciplined in the future about not letting it get to such a state. But don't bet on it.
  • Lunch from TG, eaten at home.
  • Took to time to read, digest, and respond to a non-urgent but substantive email from an out-of-state acquaintance.
  • Got back into wrestling with iMovie, which is a great app that I know I'll be in love with once I get over the steep part of the learning curve. I have lots of videos that are not yet edited and posted, due to a combination of technical issues and lack of time, and I have designs on creating many more.
  • Friday prayer: Discursive meditation on the daily office gospel reading for the day (John 12:36b-43). I was struck as never before by the line, "After Jesus had said this, he departed and his from them." Did I read that right? Jesus hid? Those who bear the peculiar mark of Christ the Good Shepherd in ordination, which would include me and the clergy of this diocese whom I attempt to lead and care for, need to be reminded that we are not above the need to hide out from time to time when the activity of ministry engenders pushback, or even hostility from time to time. If it was good enough for Jesus ...
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)