Tuesday (St Ninian)

  • Weekly/daily task planning at home.
  • Consulted a but with the Archdeacon regarding the material detritus of the now-closed St Laurence, Effingham.
  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Began work on refining this Sunday's homily (Trinity, Mt Vernon).
  • Participated in a scheduled conference call in connection with my duties as co-trustee of the Putnam Trust, which benefits two of our parishes; the call was with representatives of the Bank of America, which is the other co-trustee, through its investment arm, U.S. Trust. Have the OK on some recommended asset re-allocation.
  • Completed the word I had begun earlier on this Sunday's homily; put the manuscript in my car (yes, I'm that paranoid).
  • Walked (at the behest of the pedometer in my pocket) to Illinois National Bank's downtown location to arrange for a wire transfer from my discretionary fund to Fr Ernest Nadeem, a priest/evangelist/teacher in Pakistan who visited the diocese last winter, and who has a pressing need.
  • Lunch at home; leftovers.
  • Developed the raw ideas for my synod homily that I jotted down (electronically, of course) last week, ending up with a workable sketch that will allow my to create an actual draft next week. Baby steps.
  • Participated in a scheduled telephone appointment with a senior administrator at Nashotah House.
  • Scanned and otherwise processed the bulging pile of paper in my physical inbox (it's been a while). Feels good to look at it and see it empty.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)