Second Sunday of Advent

Very little pumps me up more than presiding at Holy Baptism. We had four at St Andrew's, Carbondale this morning, plus six confirmations, and about 80 people (by my count) in the room (which is really good for that parish). And I did NOT lower the average age when I walked in. Not even close. Kudos to their rector, Mother Kathryn Jeffrey for "bringing in the sheaves." The morning was capped off by a hospital visit to the seriously ill grandfather of one of the baptizands. What a blessing.

I've got some personal retreat time scheduled this week, tomorrow through Thursday, up at the Benedictine community of St Gregory's Abbey in Three Rivers, Michigan. So I will be going dark in this space until Friday. May Advent blessings abound.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)