Tuesday (O Emmanuel)

  • Task planning (for an abbreviated week) at home; Morning Prayer in the (beautifully decorated) cathedral.
  • Made the requisite preparations to preside and preach at the midday Mass.
  • Took care of a necessary annual administrative chore at the behest of the Treasurer (who asked at the behest of the IRS).
  • Responded to an earlier email from the person who takes care of our diocesan website. There's an attractive new update in the making.
  • Did some minor revising and otherwise polished and edited, then printed, my homily for Christmas Eve (two Masses at the cathedral).
  • Celebrated and preached the 12:15 Eucharist, observing the feast of St Thomas, delayed a day (after already being delayed another day due to a conflict with Advent IV). I was ordained a priest on the eve of St Thomas in 1989, and celebrated my first Mass the following day, so this was my silver anniversary Mass, which is kind of a thing, I guess. It hardly seems possible. What a ride it's been.
  • Lunch at home.
  • Devoted a good chunk of time troubleshooting a wonky treadmill. To my eventual delight, however, a telephone conversation with a manufacturer's rep solved the issue. It was mid-afternoon by the time I was back at the office.
  • Back to sermon prep, doing the exact same thing I had done earlier, only with the sermon for this coming Sunday, also at the cathedral.
  • Filled out a form online for the renewal of my passport (which expires in February), then printed it, signed it, and attached a photo. Now all it needs is a check and an envelope.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)