Tuesday

The original plan was that, having seen an opera in Chicago last night, Brenda and I would spend some quality time at the Chicago Art Institute (one of our favorite haunts) this morning, catch the 1:45pm Texas Eagle, and get back to Springfield in time for dinner. But because of the sudden decline of my health over the weekend, that trip never happened. I lay very low yesterday, and was still pretty sick--fever, chills, general severe malaise (that old "run over by a truck" feeling). Slept a lot. But, after a pretty good night, I felt a great deal better this morning--virtually normal, in fact. I have an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow morning, but, unless she strongly cautions otherwise, I hope to re-engage my calendar, make my scheduled appearance at St Michael's, O'Fallon in the evening, and fly to North Carolina Thursday morning for six days of the House of Bishops. That's the plan, at any rate, but I have learned, with difficulty, that plans are subject to change. Several have chided me about the pace of my life, with entreaties to slow down. I take those warnings seriously. Meanwhile, I was semi-productive from home today, taking a scheduled phone call from one of our key lay leaders, and handling a pretty substantial stack of emails and related tasks -- but, all from the comfort of my recliner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)