Holy Wednesday

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Prepared for the celebration of the midday Mass in the cathedral chapel.
  • Took a rough draft of the Good Friday service bulletin to perfected form and sent it to the cathedral office for printing.
  • Developed, refined, and printed my homily for Maundy Thursday. Stored the hard copy safely (I hope) in the cathedral sacristy.
  • Presided and preached at the midday Mass.
  • Lunch at home. Leftovers.
  • Visited the Illinois National Bank branch on the west side that I was told has Canadian currency in its inventory. I already had some, but needed a bit more. This is for my trip to Cuba next week, where they're not so fond of greenbacks, but can play nicely with Canadian money. My U.S. credit cards will be useless there, I am told.
  • While en route back to the office, had a substantive phone conversation with one of our rectors over some emerging matters.
  • Took care of a small administrative details with, appropriately enough, the omni-competent Diocesan Administrator.
  • Performed the same tasks on my Good Friday sermon that I had already done with Thursday's.
  • Saw administratively to a small pastoral task with respect to the cathedral.
  • Spoke briefly by phone with the Nashotah House dean. Took care via email of an ongoing question related to that conversation.
  • Ditto above re sermon prep, this time with my Easter homily.
  • Met for about 90 minutes with two young women in their teens, along with their step-mom, who are now officially scheduled to be baptized at the Easter Vigil. (They are already in a confirmation prep group at the cathedral, but have slipped through various cracks with respect to baptism.) I'm really excited for them ... and for us, as a baptism makes the Easter Vigil a lot more fun.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)