Thursday

Up and out in time to catch the 6:32am Lincoln Service Amtrak train north to Chicago. While en route I took advantage of the wi-fi to get some work done, plotting sermon preparation tasks for Sundays in June, July, and August. This involves looking over old material and discerning whether something can be recycled or whether I need to start from scratch. It broke about 50/50 this go-round. Between 10:30 and 1:00 I was an Northwestern Memorial Hospital for a routine follow-up visit since the hardware they put in my chest two years ago is part of a clinical trial. Two train rides later I was in Logan Square having a late lunch with my son. Believe it or not, we went to a Cuban place? Back on the CTA Blue Line train for the airport-adjacent suburb of Rosemont, where I am ensconced at the Sheraton. Tonight was a working dinner for Province V bishops. Tomorrow and Saturday are consumed by the triennial provincial synod. However, the Cubs are playing at home both days, so let's see how I actually decide to spend my time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)