Wednesday (St Catherine of Siena)



  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral (Brenda having driven me in, since I was still carless).
  • Refined and printed my homily for Easter IV (this Sunday at St George's, Belleville).
  • Responded to three disparate situations, relatively briefly, via email.
  • Allowed myself to get sucked into an exchange on the venerable General Convention listserv that I've been a member of since 2002. My efforts were probably ineffective.
  • Walked up to Isringhausen to retrieve my car. Lunch from KFC, eaten at home.
  • Spoke by phone (at my request) with a fellow trustee, and committee chair, of Nashotah House.
  • Refined and printed my homily for Easter VI (May 9 & 10 in Marion and Carbondale).
  • Took a close look at the latest draft of revised charter and bylaws for Nashotah House. Made a few notes.
  • Retrofitted and repurposed some homiletical material from many years ago for use as a sermon when I visit Redeemer, Cairo for Easter VII (May 17).
  • Attended to some minor General Convention-related chores.
  • Perused a rather well-put together report from the Episcopal Church's chief statistician. His work is one of the few instances in which something that the "national church" does is actually worth the money,
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Met with a postulant who is in the beginning of his formation stage as a vocational deacon.
  • Spoke by phone substantively and at some length with the rector of one of our parishes.
  • Home, rather tired, around 6:30.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)