Friday


  • Devotions and Morning Prayer in the cathedral. 
  • Spent the entire morning preparing music for worship at the St Michael's Youth Conference the week after next. This involved some minor composing, and getting reacquainted with Finale and Adobe Acrobat Reader, plus doing some copying and scanning. Disappointed that it took so long, but reasonably pleased with the result. 
  • Lunch at home. Leftovers. 
  • Followed through with arranging for two conference calls that need to happen. They are now both on the calendar. 
  • Did a final review of the draft revised charter for Nashotah House that was passed on first reading at least week's trustees meeting. 
  • Spent some time with four different commentaries on the Gospel of Mark, in preparation for preaching on Proper 17 (August 30 at St Mary's, Robinson). 
  • Facing a deadline, I wrote an article for the next issue of the Springfield Current--some high-altitude reflections on the upcoming General Convention. But, as is now the practice, it's already available online
  • I had intended to sit for a "holy hour" in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament as part of my Friday prayer discipline. I was tardy getting out the door of the office because of the aforementioned writing task. And when I did so, it was in the midst of a rollicking thunderstorm and torrential rainfall. So I just remained in the shelter of the overhang at the rear door of the Diocesan Center and found myself swept up into a rather sweet period of recollective and intercessory prayer. I was "spiritually" in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, even if a couple of hundred feet and a few brick walls away Eventually, the rain subsided, and I went indoors for Evening Prayer. 
  • Once again, I spent much of the evening after dinner dealing with various administrative and pastoral issues via email. Not my favorite thing to do, but there is so much to catch up on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)