Thursday (Our Lady of Walsingham)

  • Morning Prayer in the car on the way to a medical facility for some tests. Nothing urgent or emergent; just trying to chase down why I continue to have cardiac-like symptoms that have been pretty clearly determined to not be cardiac-related. I think I "passed" the tests, but they consumed more than half my morning.
  • The rest of it was devoted to trying to rebook some air travel and lodging for a trip next month in light of an emergent need to lengthen my visit to Houston following the Living Church Foundation meeting, and then trying to schedule a conference call of the Communion Partner bishops, having heard from them about who can or cannot participate on several dates I had suggested. It's like herding cats.
  • Lunch of Chinese food, picked up at HyVee and eaten at home.
  • The bulk of the afternoon was devoted to completing, refining, and printing my homily for this Sunday, delivered at St Michael's, O'Fallon on the patronal feast day of St Michael and All Angels.
  • After a bit of a walk in the neighborhood around the office, I took a first pass at the readings for Proper 29 (Christ the King), in preparation for preaching that weekend in Marion County Parish (St John's in Centralia and St Thomas' in Salem).
  • Put in some administrative time and energy on an issue pertaining to the ordination process.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)