Wednesday (St Thomas Becket, transferred)

After another night that might well be described as "bad" (very atypical for me), the highlight of which was the appearance of a strange cat in our family room around 5:30am, I indulged in a bit of a late and lazy getting up process. Met the AT&T repairman (our service has been wonky) just as I was heading out for a 9:30 appointment with my eye doctor (clearing up detritus from last month's exam and new glasses). Stopped back at home to get a report on our technology infrastructure (all well for the moment) before moving on to the office, arriving around 11:00. Prepared and printed the readings for the feast of Thomas Becket, and otherwise got ready for the 12:15 Mass. As part of responsibility as a board member of Forward Movement, I read through the current week's meditations on the ubiquitous Forward Day by Day, just to keep a finger on the quality pulse. Presided and preached at the Mass. More leftovers for lunch at home, after which I devoted some time to getting my devices, plus the AppleTV, configured to the new DSL modem. Developed a message statement for my homily for Epiphany II (Christ the King, Normal on January 17) into a full outline (which will be advanced to the rough draft stage next week). Did some routine "scheduled" (semi-annual) maintenance on my Evernote account, the structure and organization of which needs to be tightened up from time to time. In the evening, I devoted a considerable amount of time to analyzing the proposals of various tour companies, one of which I will work with to coordinate my Camino de Compostela pilgrimage, the capstone of my 2016 sabbatical. Still trying to bead back whatever malady arrived during the night before last. What began as an upper respiratory condition has now migrated lower.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)