Last Sunday after Epiphany

Drama in Danville (morbidly appropriate, I guess): As I got about halfway into my sermon, the complex of cardiac-like symptoms that turn out not to be what they seem, which has dogged me since my valve replacement surgery three years ago, kicked it up a notch, and I wondered whether I would be able to finish the homily. I did, but I sat for the Creed and the Prayers, and then told the good people of Holy Trinity that I thought it best to seek medical attention. After an ambulance ride and some time in the ER, I was released with a diagnosis of anemia. So now we have to chase that down. Happily, I'll get another chance to complete a Eucharist in Danville on Wednesday. I drove home without incident and will be following up with my local providers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)