Friday

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral (including the special Novena collect).
  • Addressed some business related to our companion relationship with Peru.
  • Refined the text of my homily for this Sunday (West Frankfort and Harrisburg), then condensed, formatted, and printed it such that it fits on a single folded sheet of paper. Different congregational and physical dynamics dictate different delivery styles.
  • While all this was happening, I devoted various chunks of time to working with an IT guy who was in refining the installation of our technology upgrade. In my case, it means configuring my diocesan email account (now hosted by Microsoft 365) to play nicely with the client app (IQTell) in which I read, write, and process emails.
  • Lunch from Taco Gringo, eaten at home.
  • Dealt at some length with a pastoral issue pertaining to the ordination process.
  • Plotted sermon prep actions for the Sundays between the time I return from my sabbatical in mid-October and the beginning of Advent. This is a time-consuming task because it involves looking at material from prior iterations of Year C in the lectionary cycle and determining which has the potential to be repurposed and which occasions demand a from-scratch effort.
  • Prayed the Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary in the cathedral (four which there are five corresponding windows above the chancel and sanctuary), followed by Evening Prayer.
  • In the evening, at home, developed an outline for my Trinity Sunday homily, which will get developed into a rough draft next week. Also did some routine organizational maintenance, clearing off my computer desktop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)