Thursday (Corpus Christi)

  • Morning Prayer was a 7:30, but most everybody, YFNB included, thought it was a 8:00, so ... on the breakfast.
  • At 9:15 I headed over to the St John's-Northwestern Military Academy chapel to vest and get otherwise oriented and organized for commencement, which was at 10:00 (on this, everyone agreed).
  • I know the chapel is not air-conditioned, so I expected to be uncomfortable, and I was, but it could certainly have been worse. After the Dean and Faculty award the earned degrees (of which there were 26, including two from the Diocese of Springfield), it's my turn to award the honorary degrees, of which there were two: Bishop Michael Marshall (who was one of my homiletical and catechetical heroes as long ago as the early 1980s ... so, very cool) and Bishop Harold Miller of Down & Dromore.
  • I then presided at the Eucharist, which was a distinct privilege. 
  • Just enough time to pose for pictures, air out a bit, grab some lunch in the refectory, and head down to the room called the West Wing for the annual meeting of the Members of the Corporation of Nashotah House.While I chair the actual governing body, the Board of Directors, elected by the Members, I do not preside over the annual meeting. So I got to sit in the back row and ask questions and make observations. We elected several new members, and many of them asked insightful questions, so it was time well spent.
  • We adjourned just in time to make it to the chapel for 4:30 Evensong, which was followed by dinner, on a somewhat less festive note, back in the refectory.
  • During the evening, I actually got to spend some solo time in the library ... yes, processing email.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)