Saturday (James Hannington & His Companions)

Three days to report on here: Thursday was the annual meeting of the Living Church Foundation, most of which was devoted to considering the details of an endowment campaign that is in the early stages. Yesterday I stayed over in New York following the conclusion of Living Church Foundation activities to participate with a small group of friends and colleagues in a discussion of the Anglican Communion and how we might be helpful in raising awareness of the theological principles that can help preserve the highest possible degree of unity across intractable differences of faith, order, and practice. Getting home was complicated, with a forgotten piece of hand luggage, a trip to the wrong airport, a delayed flight, a missed connection to Springfield, and rental car drive that got me home at 3am. Then, as they say of some MBL pitchers this time of year, on "short rest," Brenda and I were out the door at 8am for St Michael's, O'Fallon, where I presided and preached at the funeral for Fr Gary Goldacker. With the help of a robust amount of caffeine in my system, we arrived safely home around 2:00, whereupon I went down hard for a 2.5 hour nap. After regaining consciousness, I put the finishing touches on tomorrow's homily, processed a slug of emails, and was northbound on I-55 byt 7:15. Camped out now at the Doubletree in Bloomington ahead of tomorrow's visitation to St Matthew's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)