The Lord's Day (XXIV Pentecost)

Up and out of my Bloomington hotel room in time for the regular 7:30am liturgy at St Matthew's, where we actually had a confirmation at the early service (a relative rarity). At the 10:00 Mass, we baptized a little baby girl and confirmed three young men, all of whom I knew because they were "Michaelites"--attendees at the last two St Michael's Youth Conferences we've had in the diocese. Home around 1:30. Watched the film The Way, in which most of the action takes place on the Camino de Compostela. I'd seen it before, but not since I'd walked the Camino myself. It was powerful the second time. Truth to tell, if the circumstances of my life permitted it, I would go back and start again tomorrow. The evening, of course, was spent watching the Cubs keep the World Series alive, for which I am grateful, though I wish they hadn't chosen to do so by means of a one-run nail biter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)