Friday (St John Chrysostom)

Up, packed, and out of the house headed for Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport (SPI) at 9:15, ahead of a scheduled 11:30 departure that ended up getting pushed back to around 11:00. Layover in Chicago, then on to Philadelphia. The local transit system is not nearly as intuitive as many others I have successfully negotiated (like Rome and Madrid, recently), but I did get myself on a train headed downtown, and then found my way on foot to my hotel, at the very auspicious Philadelphia address of 1776 Benjamin Franklin Parkway. After quickly unpacking, I headed back out on foot for a dinner rendezvous with some friends--some old, some new--who were also in town for the annual Mass and luncheon of the Society of St Charles, King & Martyr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)