Wednesday

  • Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Prepared to preside and preach at the midday Mass.
  • Attended to a sensitive and difficult pastoral/administrative matter, involving two phone conversations. Not my favorite thing, but it comes with the territory.
  • Did some deconstructive and reconstructive surgery on the text of a previously-delivered homily for Epiphany III in preparation for repurposing it for use at Trinity, Lincoln on January 22.
  • Sent an email invitation to one of our priests to deliver the homily at the annual Chrism Mass on April 8.
  • Celebrated and preached the midday cathedral Mass (ferial Wednesday after Epiphany I).
  • Drove out to my optometrist's office to have new lenses put into my glasses frame. I'm cautiously optimistic.
  • Lunch at home. Leftovers.
  • Most of my afternoon (what was left of it by this point) was given over to plotting sermon prep tasks from Ash Wednesday through Easter. As I've mentioned before, this is an inordinately time-consuming job, but I actually rather enjoy it.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)