Thursday

  • Began the day with 90 minutes of quality time on the treadmill. My new Fitbit device is making me a little OCD about exercise, which, on the whole, is a good thing.
  • Task planning over a late breakfast. Morning Prayer (short form) on the way into the office.
  • Devotions (intercessory prayer, Angelus) in the cathedral.
  • Responded to some last-minute email.
  • Took a call from a layperson from one of our Eucharistic Communities, sharing some substantive concerns. This is always tricky, because, when that happens, healthy boundaries dictate that I can listen, and offer counsel, but, unless it's a report that rises to the level of canonical clergy misconduct, I cannot act.
  • Had a substantive discussion with the Archdeacon on the unwelcome news that our property insurer (for the diocesan office and most of the churches) has fired us, and the replacement carrier is charging considerably more.
  • Attended via email to a Cursillo-related matter.
  • Kept an 1130 appointment with my optometrist, because my vision has been way on the wonky side of late. (Just ask anyone who's stood at the altar and pointed the missal for me recently.) I walked out having placed an order for new lenses and frames (and rather poorer). The prescription solution is something that includes a prism.
  • Lunch from Popeye's, eaten at home.
  • Kept a 2pm appointment with the blood bank for a donation of "double reds."
  • More discussion with the Archdeacon about the insurance issue. Should our buildings be covered for earthquakes. Well, in the southern part of the diocese, the New Madrid fault is relatively nearby, so ...
  • Trimmed, edited, and printed the working script of my homily for this Sunday (Lent III ant St Christopher's, Rantoul).
  • Evening Prayer (short form) in the car on my way home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)