Thursday (Eleventh Day of Christmas)

  • Sacrificed my Thursday morning treadmill workout to play gracious host over breakfast to my brother and his wife, who spent the night with us while en route to their suburban Chicago home following a sojourn my sister and her family, who live in the Florida panhandle. (They report that it wasn't really warm there, just less cold.) In the office around 10.
  • Got a toehold in working up a sermon for a guest appearance I'm making at a choral evensong on the 21st, to be held in the (Roman Catholic) Cathedral Church of Our Lady of Walsingham in Houston.
  • Kept an appointment with my cardiologist. Routine checkup. He assures me that I still have a heart, though I suspect some might disagree.
  • Back to that sermon, ending up with a clear sense of direction.
  • Lunch at home. Leftovers.
  • Spent a chunk of the afternoon attending, by phone and internet, to some personal financial planning issues. I don't plan to retire any time particularly soon, but simple math indicates that it's time to be thinking less abstractly and more concretely, and to begin to put certain balls in play.
  • Reached out by email to one of our candidates for ordination.
  • Reached out by email to the Bishop of Tabora, beginning to nail down some of the details of his planned visit to us in June.
  • Did a little bit of Synod-related business (the annual "fallow" period in synod prep is actually pretty short).
  • Scanned and otherwise processed the pile of hard copy in my physical inbox.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)