Friday

  • Usual weekday AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Devoted most of the morning to my homily for Lent III, which is now going to be at the cathedral rather than St Andrew's, Carbondale. Took it from the "message statement" to "developed outline" stage.
  • Issued a lay ministry license (preaching, in this case), in response to a request from one of our clergy.
  • Provided some pastoral care via email to a priest from outside the diocese. 
  • Lunch from La Bamba ("burritos as big as your head," except I usually order tacos), eaten at home.
  • Kept a 1:15 physical therapy appointment. I "graduated." The pain issue for which I referred has resolved. I got a referral to a chiropractor for ongoing treatment of another issue that is *not* what I originally went in for.
  • Worked with Paige to make the raw recording of my next catechetical video in the "Saven Marks" series. Now she's got some editing to do.
  • Moved the ball a few yards down the field in preparation for the annual Chrism Mass next month.
  • Made some initial broad stroke prep for a couple of parish teaching engagements I have during Lent.
  • Attended to a routine personal organization chore (cleaning out the Inbox in my Evernote app).
  • Processed the accumulated hard copy in my physical inbox, mostly by scanning, categorizing, and tagging.
  • Friday prayer: Quality time at the organ bench in the cathedral with a hymnal.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)