Wednesday

  • Task planning and home. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Spent a chunk of time getting up to speed on recent developments in an ongoing pastoral/administrative matter.
  • Gathered at 0945 with the Administrator and the Archdeacon for our annual "elections and appointments" meeting. This is part of the runup to the 2018 Synod (which is, yes, still five months away, but ... you know ... time flies). This is make sure that, if it's my duty to appoint someone to an office at Synod, I'm ready to do so, and that, for offices that are elected, we have at least one person willing to run.
  • Responded to a short stack of emails.
  • Began reading and digesting a report from someone whom I asked to develop a plan for online registration and payment for diocesan events. This has been an ongoing tough nut to crack. 
  • Broke for lunch at home. Leftovers.
  • While still at home, responded in detail to the report I had begun reading in the morning.
  • Took Brenda to an dental appointment.
  • Spent the rest of the afternoon "wresting" a fully-developed sermon outline for VI Easter (St John the Divine, Champaign) from the message statement I gave birth to last week. Preaching on a text from I John, which is unusual for me, as I tend to find the "Johannine" literature obtuse and difficult.
  • Evening Prayer in the cathedral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)