Wednesday

Still on Mackinac Island with our Class of 2011 colleague bishops and spouses. It was a working morning, followed by a non-working afternoon. I played nine holes of golf. It's been about eight or nine years since I was last on the links, and probably four or five years before that. So you get the idea about where my abilities lie. I had both right-handed and left-handed clubs available to me, and my claim to fame for the day was that I play ambidextrously throughout. The strategy that emerged was to swing left-handed for my long game and right-handed for my short game. I putted lefty, but that doesn't really matter--I'm an "OK" putter, no better and no worse, from either side. It was great fun, especially the camaraderie with the Bishop of Western Kansas and the Bishop of West Missouri.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)