Friday (St Aidan)

  • Usual weekday AM routine. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
  • Got to work on my homily for Proper 19 (September 16 at St Mary's, Robinson), taking it from "developed outline" to "rough draft."
  • Left a voicemail with the rector of a parish I am visiting soon.
  • Took a brief walk around the half-block.
  • Attended to a bit of prep for the November clergy conference.
  • Investigated a new platform from international fund transfer, which our companion diocese relationships require us to do from time to time.
  • Lunch from KFC, eaten at home.
  • Friday prayer: Ignatian meditation on the passage from John 6 appointed for today in the daily office lectionary.
  • Drafted my regular "column" for the next edition of the Springfield Current. How this works is that I post what I write on the diocesan website, and Paige harvests it for the print product at the appropriate time.
  • Did some internet sleuthing on a piece of liturgical minutia, but toward a worthy end.
  • Cranked out #13 (of an eventual 30) in the set of lectionary meditations I'm doing for Forward Day by Day.
  • Evening Prayer (short form) at home, to which I was summoned a bit earlier than planned for some emergent personal business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2018 House of Bishops, Day 3

The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany

Saturday (St Charles, King & Martyr)