Saturday (St Louis)
- Up and out of the house at a usual weekday hour. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Prepped for the Diocesan Council Mass at 1000. Greeted Council members as they arrived.
- Presided and preached at the celebration of the Mass commemorating the lesser feast of St Louis IX, King of France.
- Presided over the regular August meeting of the Diocesan Council. The big accomplishment was the approval of a draft 2019 operating budget to be presented to synod.
- Held a couple of impromptu post-meeting consultations.
- Home for a lunch of leftovers, and some personal business to attend to.
- Hit the road southbound with Brenda at 3pm. 168 miles and 2:45 later we were at the home of some parishioners of St Andrew’s, Carbondale for a regular social event of the parish. My visitation tomorrow is there.